Zucchini, a popular type of summer squash, has a mild flavor and cucumber-like appearance. It contains lutein, a phytochemical thought to protect vision. This is a delicious zucchini bread made with shredded zucchini, cinnamon, vanilla, and chopped nuts.
(Make 18 slices)
Amount Per Serving (1 slice): 173 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. Fat, 0.5 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 104 mg. Sodium, 173 mg. Potassium, 24 mg. Calcium
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 3 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of shredded raw zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened pineapple, crushed
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat two 9” x 5” loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Add egg whites, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla in large-size bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until thick and foamy.
- In small-size bowl, stir together the flours. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon to the small-size bowl of flour.
- Add flour mixture to egg white mixture, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until well blended.
- Add zucchini, walnuts, pineapple and raisins, stir until combined. Adjust consistency of batter with remaining 1/2 cup flour, adding 1 Tbsp. at a time. The batter should be thick and not runny.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into each prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out of pans onto rack and let cool completely. Cut each loaf into 9 1” slices and serve.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake